Light therapy is relatively new to the skincare industry. You might be wondering what light therapy is. Light therapy is a skincare treatment that uses artifical light, such as LED light on your skin. The idea behind it is to use the different colored lights to treat specific skin issues. The light that light therapy uses does not contain ultraviolet rays and can be safe to use on the skin. There are many colors in light therapy and we're going to discuss what the different colors mean and what skin issues they target.
- targets hyperpigmentation
- balances redness
- reduces appearance of sun spots
- improves appearance of dark eye circles
- increases cell regeneration
- reduces inflammation
- brightens the skin
- gives the skin a radiant glow
- reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- boosts collagen production
- reduces redness
- calms the skin
- eliminates acne causing bacteria
Have you tried light therapy? If so, let us know your experience with it!